The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for directing sales of process instrumentation and services to customers in the North East USA and will be based out of any major city in the North East and close to a major airport. This position generates revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements; providing technical solutions; training customers, ensuring customer satisfaction and developing accounts.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Primary responsibilities include both the effective management of existing customer accounts and the generation of new accounts through lead creation, follow up and direct sales of process instrumentation used in a wide range of industries.
- The Technical Sales Representative also visits customer sites on a regular basis to give sales presentations, perform instrument demonstrations, install new instruments and train customers on the correct use of their equipment.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Frequent overnight travel is required.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in engineering, physics or similar technical field and at least 2 years’ experience in technical sales of analytical or process instrumentation.
The client offers a highly competitive compensation package (salary, uncapped commission, profit sharing), company car and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family that starts on day one.