Our client is a global manufacturer with an opportunity in Southern California to sell their products.Territory consists of San Diego, L.A. and Irvine.Report to GM in Irvine.
Responsible for the sales of maintenance contracts (including new equipment when added) to accounts within an assigned territory. Maintenance contract sales include renewals of existing contracts, sales of new contracts coming out of warranty, conversion of existing third party service agreements, and other one time critical testing and assessment services. Resolve all questions and concerns regarding the accounts in assigned territory.
1. Direct sales of service contracts to the end user, via phone calls but also in sales calls and face-to-face meetings. Renewals of existing contracts, sales of new contracts coming out of warranty, conversion of existing third party service agreements, and Critical Facilities management, testing and assessment services .
2. Prepare and process individual service contract proposals.
3. Work with team members and Sales Management to develop revenue, process contracts, provide customer service and maintain the contract management system data.
4. Achieve progressively increasing closure rates on renewal contracts, and warranty / installed base opportunities where they exist on renewal contracts.
5. Provide monthly activity, production reports, forecasting reports, and other reports as assigned.
6. Act as a primary collection point for leads generated by Field associates, telemarketing team, and other avenues
7. Define customer contact and verify customer equipment, level of service and billing information.
8. Utilize contract system to track individual expiring warranty and renewal opportunities.
9. Maintain accuracy and the integrity of the data in the contract management system.
10.Facilitate contract negotiations, including but not limited to payment terms, correct legal definitions and references, adherence to company and governmental compliance etc..
11. Process contract cancellations with input to Accounting and management
12. Communicate with Field and Corporate associates regarding contract issues.
1. Prepare presentations for Operations Meetings and present the service contract sales portion at the Operations Meetings.
2. Provide win / loss data to Sales Management -Service Contract Sales as requested.
3. Provide assistance to equipment sales reps for quoting service contracts to be sold concurrently with UPS and Power equipment.
4. Executing Contracts fully in accordance with service policies.
1. Fast paced office environment.
2. High Volume time sensitive sales
3. Meeting with and entertaining clients.
4. 24-hour accessibility.
5. Salary - 70% base, 30% commissions.
6. 40 - 50% travel required, mostly within assigned territory
Position will interact directly with customers, and all levels of Sales management and sales associates. This position must be comfortable dealing with all levels of management and a diverse customer base dealing in different industries.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Strong Interpersonal skills a must
2. Knowledge of UPS/Power products preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
4. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities while meeting deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. 2-3 years Outside sales experience.
2. Three years minimum customer relations' experience.
3. 4 year degree in business or marketing preferred, required for advancement to the next level
Primary responsibility it to grow service contract sales, and increase penetration of renewals. Additional
responsibilities include overall support for the selling efforts inside the office.
Must attain business objectives in market capture and overall quota attainment, while managing balanced performance in sales for all product segments.