Our client is a world leader in laboratory equipment and services and has an opportunity for a Sales Director Americas for their Materials Characterization product lines. This new position is based in the Mid-Atlantic region and will be responsible for all sales and marketing activities of the materials characterization products with company operations and distributors throughout North, Central and South America.
The successful candidate will have sales and marketing responsibility for the materials characterization products in the Americas. These products include X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) and Small Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS). This important position will work directly with the Sales Managers, Product Specialists, Regional Managers and Technical Sales Representatives employed across a network of currently 4 company subsidiaries and 10 distributors in The Americas. Frequent and effective communication with our corporate office and Product Management team is important.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Company offers a highly competitive six figure compensation package, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the Company’s organization.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, strong negotiating skills, and the ability to interact favorably with customers.
- Frequent travel throughout North and South America is required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English language is a requirement.
- Knowledge of small angle x-ray scattering or x-ray diffraction is strongly desired.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in engineering, physics, material science or similar field and have experience in sales of analytical instrumentation.
- A strong passion to succeed and drive sales is a must.