|Our client, a premier manufacturer of high end building products is seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join their team. This is a sales position focused on selling product through dealers, contractors and the architectural and design community from distribution. The goal is to build relationships with contractors, dealers, architects, designers and builders to generate specifications for our specialized products. This position covers Delaware and the Eastern Shore market. |
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for all sales within a territory. Generate new business and grow existing customer base business. Secures appointments with and provide professional presentations to end users, interior designers and architectural professionals.
- Be capable of securing appointments for presentations at all high profile firms in the market.
- Provide detailed technical expertise on a wide range of products.
- Consult and advise clients as to appropriate PVC material for each application, effectively detailing the features and benefits of each product.
- Be knowledgeable and aware of competitive products and be capable of positioning our products in an advantageous manner.
- Build strong relationships among clients based on value added service and performance.
- Effectively track pending projects and keep an up-to-date database of clients -- providing summary reports to sales management as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Attend trade shows and sales meetings as required.
2+ years sales experience preferably in the building materials industry
Bachelor's degree preferred
Excellent communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Ability to travel as required to fulfill sales requirements and/or attend meetings
Base salary, plus commission, mileage reimbursement, home office based