The person who gets this position will be surrounded a team of extremely positive people in an environment built on grace, truth and integrity. The organization has outstanding healthcare benefits and has a tremendous reputation. If you have considered making a job change and have a heart for caring for the poor and the homeless and have experience developing relationships with people and understand fundraising, please consider Light of Life.
Light of Life Rescue Mission is seeking a full-time Leadership Giving Officer. Working with the Development Manager, this position is responsible for researching donor prospects and cultivating leadership donors.
These responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Manage leadership donor/donor portfolio for cultivation and solicitation leadership/donor portfolio for cultivation and solicitation.
- Pro-actively develop personal relationships with donors through telephone conversations, personal meetings, correspondence, etc.
- Engage donors in the programmatic life of the Mission by taking tours of the facilities, viewing promotional materials or having personal meetings - coffees, lunches, outings with the Director of Advancement and/or the Executive Director.
- Create a relationship action plan for every identified and assigned leadership donor/prospect.
- Ensure that all major, leadership, and organizational donors are appropriately thanked (verbally, in writing, depending on their preference) for their gifts upon receipt.
- Work with Advancement team and Development Manager to customize and personalize major donor acknowledgements to promote the highest level of loyalty and satisfaction among major donors.
- Develop and implement innovative ways to educate and show gratitude to donors.
- Lead recruitment of hosts for special events such as house parties and other benefit events.
- Track and report on progress of the major gifts program throughout the year.
- Maintain accurate records of all strategy implementation in Raiser's Edge to ensure effective follow through.
- Maintain consistent quality communications with donors in coordination with the Executive Director, other staff, and the Board.
Due to the interface with the clients, all jobs at Light of Life require employees to:
- Walk alongside clients as a disciple of Christ and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them through actions and words.
- Establish mutual trust and create a safe, authentic environment so that the clients continue to mature in Christ.
- Serve the clients in a Christ-like manner and practice a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Resolve all issues in ways that promote the principles of Light of Life while following the processes described in the LOL staff manual.
- Exhibit love for Jesus Christ, the staff, and the clients.
- Study the Christian Bible and apply the knowledge received/revealed to job duties and clients' specific issues.
- Help the clients make choices that are justifiably in their eternal best interest.
- Practice Christ Like stewardship of all resources.
- Model personal responsibility, accountability, timely reporting and a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, development/fundraising, communications or related field or five (5) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A member of a fundraising professional organization preferred
- Previous experience working for a nonprofit organization preferred
- Knowledge of donor related databases; preferably Raisers Edge
- Specific training or coursework in computers or databases preferred