FIRE SPRINKLER PROJECT SALES
Responsible for generating quality fire sprinkler contract sales for the Charlotte, North Carolina office as well as estimating and preparing proposals for fire sprinkler systems. In addition to cultivating new business relationships, maintaining existing customer relations, and ensuring the fulfillment of established sales goals, the incumbent will be responsible for laying out bids, completing material take-offs, obtaining vendor pricing, and ordering materials. Our primary customers are light and heavy industrial plant facilities in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia. The sales territory for this area also includes eastern Tennessee, eastern Kentucky, and West Virginia.
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum 5 years of experience in industrial sales
• Working knowledge of NFPA and IBC/IFC code
• Ability to read and understand construction documents including bid forms, plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders, and general agreements.
• Support for strong safety cultures and knowledge of plant safety processes and procedures
• Passion for sales and people
• Comfort with initiating sales calls with new clients and conducting follow-up activities
• Proven ability to grow market share and meet sales goals
• Ability to accurately estimate work and build excellent margins into secured work
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with ability to use independent judgement
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects in various stages from concept to completion.
• Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
• Able to travel regularly to visit job sites
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Able to walk constructions sites and heavy industrial sites including climbing of stairs and ladders
• Sales, estimating, and design experience in the industrial fire sprinkler industry
• NICET certification in Water Based Systems Layout
• Strong business acumen
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or business administration
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Residence in the greater Charlotte, North Caroline area or surrounding communities, viable local relationships with general contractors
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.